[lbo-talk] RE: Lbo-talk digest, Vol 1 #411 - 10 msgs

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue May 20 02:28:01 PDT 2003

Message: 8 To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>

Vol. 1, No. 13 - May 19, 2003

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/banchik1.html Uprising in the Chechnya Ghetto Nadezhda Banchik, Antiwar.com I will never forget the words of a Chechen refugee woman in Moscow, who cried out desperately to me, "Do you really consider us humans?" Indeed, the Russian forces' conduct in Chechnya has begun to equal their behavior there during Stalin's Great Terror: They routinely employ torture, forced confessions, and mass killing. Concentration camps honeycomb the entire republic.

-- Michael Pugliese --- This has the disadvantage of being wrong. There are no concentration camps in Chechnya. There are refugee camps in Ingushetia, which are in the process of being closed down. Outside of a couple of massacres, mass killings is also bunk.

The torture and forced confessions stuff is true though.