[lbo-talk] During the second Chechen war...

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 09:55:57 PDT 2003

>What does that mean? That they all left? That the culpability for the
>deaths of those remaining falls to the slain and not Russian actions?

No, of course they didn't all leave. I assume some people were too frail or sick. But the rhetorical point being made in the piece was that the Russians either had deliberately targeted the civilian population, or at completely ignored them, which is false.

It is impossible to take a city with zero civilian casualties.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus