[lbo-talk] West and the Wachowski's

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue May 20 23:12:38 PDT 2003

Quoting Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>:

> speaking of which, from today's Page Six in the NY Post...
>
> >'MATRIX'-MAKER 'STOLE' A WIFE

Damn, it just gets better and better. This is like, I dunno, the moment when the meter just goes totally off the mass-cultural Richter scale.

Here in Silicon Valley, probably one of the most Webbed/wired/wireless places on the planet, there was dead silence in the theater, and half the crowd (mostly younger -- so much for that R rating) stayed through the credits, in order to see the trailer for "Revolutions". The look on their faces wasn't shock and awe, it was *reverence*. (Most of 'em would know enough to tune into the anime and videogames -- side channels where it's easier to jam/evade the Sentinels of the total system).

Of course, this sets the bar even higher for the conclusion. I hope the Wachoskis pull off the Triple Crown.

-- DRR