[lbo-talk] tATu on TV in OZ.....

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 08:10:15 PDT 2003

>Chris Doss wrote:
>
>>When Volkova was asked "how do you like Riga?" in the TV interview she
>>answered, "It's a pretty shitty city."
>
>I don't get this. You said Russians are prudish, and there's a whole
>register of obscene speech that is seriously scandalous. But she can cuss
>on TV?

She said "drab," actually. I was translating liberally. :) It was on Latvian TV anyway.

In any case "shitty" (which would be "gavno") isn't that obscene in Russian. Don't think I've heard it on TV though.

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail