[lbo-talk] how 'bout those dominos

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 09:33:22 PDT 2003

The Bush administration has settled upon a method of action that plays well at home, even if it fails to convince internationally.

“Captured intercepts”, “links to Al Qaeda”, and other bits of ominous vaguery will be sufficient to justify whatever actions they’re planning against Iran to the American people. For a little while, anyway.

The open discussion, in a major newspaper, of the sorts of things that traditionally have been thought of as ‘covert ops’ (destabilizing a government, using the MEK as hired guns, etc) is intriguing.

We live in odd times; government propagandists, whom we assume to be skilled, find themselves using the media in pathetically obvious ways.

Even so, many believe.