[lbo-talk] no WMD? well there was "intellectual capacity" for such

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue May 27 21:25:07 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Pollak wrote:
>
> >And they've still got it. Are we saying we're planning on destroying it?
>
> But doesn't every physics department of every university in the world
> have it? Should we destroy all those too?

That's precisely my point. There is nothing in this charge that distinguishes Iraq. And wiping it in any country out would be the apogee of barbarism. So how could we possibly say it justifies war if every country has it, and after we leave it will still be there? Or do we plan on sending the entire world back to the middle ages in the name of peace?

That people can say things like this with a straight face and at length without feeling the least bit of cognitive dissonance makes me feel like the world is ruled by zombies. They're not even listening to them.

Michael