[lbo-talk] The Guardian | US looks away as new ally tortures Islamists (Uzbekistan)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed May 28 10:09:09 PDT 2003

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

...les hypocrites!

Hesiod thinks it's pretty interesting that warbloggers and the Bush cabal counted Uzbekistan in the "coalition of the willing", paying Uzbekistani dictator Islam Karimov (Bush's special guest back in March 2002) millions of taxpayer dollars, and are now basing troops there in the war against terror...interesting, considering the fact that Karimov is boiling opponents of his regime to death.

But since the "battle of Iraq" was really all about liberation, certainly we'll be headed to Uzbekistan next, right? Right warbloggers? posted by Jenny at 7:47 PM |

which I found via Doug Kellner's BlogLeft,"Blog Left: Critical Interventions Warblog (war blog, Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Bush, Gulf War II, left), "<URL: http://www.gseis.ucla.edu/courses/ed253a/blogger.php

Kellner, has a new book from Rowman& Littlefield pubs. on Dubya and 9-11. -- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy