[lbo-talk] decentralization, Whole Foods style

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Wed May 28 23:29:24 PDT 2003

I was checking out the website of Whole Foods Market and I noticed that they have a job offering in the Madison store:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/jobs/11410.html

I filled out the form, but instead of writing my resume, put in a little letter to them on how I feel about their anti-union actions. (I was gonna paste it here, but accidently closed the window).

Perhaps more people should send them their feelings in the same manner.

I went to UW Madison as an undergrad, but haven't lived in Madison since 1992. We had several decent co-ops such as the Mifflin St. (http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~mifflin/) and Willy St. Co-ops (http://www.willystcoop.com/).

I wonder if Whole Foods Market has impacted the various co-ops' membership?

I don't know about the situation of unionized grocery stores in Madison.

Bryan