[lbo-talk] decentralization, Whole Foods style

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu May 29 07:40:54 PDT 2003

> Meanwhile, all of these liberal fucks have stopped supporting
> independent fppd coops and neighborhood grocers. Throw in
> Whole Foods'
> defense contractor connections, their rabid anti-union practices, and
> you'll see why I look at them as the Wal Mart of green consumerism.
>
> Chuck0

I do not know where you live, but there are no coops in Baltimore - period. And neighborhood grocers? There is one near where I live, selling mostly packaged goods, Coca Cola and tobacco products at grossly inflated prices.

Whole Foods located within a walking distance provides an excellent alternative to the folks (mostly Black) who live in this neighborhood, including employment opportunities -despite of their yuppie image and whatever the lefty snobs think of it.

Wojtek