[lbo-talk] Green Party 2004

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu May 29 12:39:44 PDT 2003

> What a terrible technocratic view of democracy. Ugg. Sure, such experts
> should be given some real free play, but the workers who health depend on
> the sewer line deserve some real say in where such lines go, not just
leave
> it up to technocratic aesthetics.

> -- Nathan Newman

Of course. The point was about the planning of sewer lines (which would, I'd think, follow functional rather than aesthetic concerns). The application would have to be agreed upon by those affected by the plan. You would have to have some measure of technocracy, though, unless everyone was committed to learning every aspect of every social profession.

DP