[lbo-talk] 53% Disapprove of Bush Handling of Economy (Re: Bush Approval at 56%, Little Sign of Voter Anger

nathanne at nathannewman.org nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sun Nov 2 09:16:27 PST 2003

-
> From same poll:
http://tinyurl.com/tcji

53% Disapprove of Bush on Economy

Even in the South, 50% disapprove of his economic prowess

Bush is in many ways reversing Clinton's poll results; where approval of Clinton's economic policies outpaced his general approval, Bush's general approval is outstripping approval of his economic policies by 10 percentage points.

I generally believe the economic approval number is more crucial for predicting elections than the general number. I predicted Bush Senior's defeat the day we entered Kuwait City and his overall approval was in the high 80s, but his economic approval was only at 50%.

So with Bush Junior at only 45% approval on the economy, only 50% approval on international affairs in general, 51% disapproval of policy in Iraq, 61% disapproval of his handling of the budget deficit-- there seems to be plenty of discontent out there.

-- Nathan

Mike Larkin