[lbo-talk] Chomsky: USA "best country in the world"

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 18:14:30 PST 2003

--- Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:

> [...]

What is the contradiction? Cant one love a country but hate certain aspects of its politics? If the USA is a country with a reactionary side, it is also a country with a lot of wonderful people, culture and beauty.

Couldnt a french leftist say that he thought france was the best country in the world, even though north africans quite often get treated like shit there and Le Pen was a candidate in the last run-off election for President?

For me, the United States is not the best country in the world, but for purely personal reasons. If I had to choose a country, it would be Italy, because in spite of Berlusconi, and any other faults, there is the wine and food and all the rest that I love.

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"