[lbo-talk] Chomsky: USA "best country in the world"

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Nov 2 19:57:48 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

>>Why would Chomsky give his critics this kind of ammunition? Now they can
>>just say: "Oh, pay no attention to that Chomsky guy. He criticizes
>>America, but he must not think that things are that bad because he says
>>that America is the best country in the world."

> That's a ridiculous take, Chuck. Think through this a little bit more.

I'm pretty familiar with what Chomsky has said over the years, such as his comment about freedom of speech being a hallmark of this country. As a radical librarian, I beg to differ with that rosy assesment.

Why is this a ridiculous take? This quote is only going to be used by Chomsky-bashers to marginalize his words.

<< Chuck0 >>