[lbo-talk] FT: Yukos = investment opportunities!

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 11:47:07 PST 2003

Michael,

The street talk in Moscow tonight is that the company will bankrupt itself, instead of playing dead for the Kremlin. I have my doubts, but it is in the cards.

Peter

Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote: November 3, 2003 The Financial Times

Yukos investment opportunities John Dizard

Let's say Enron had accumulated billions of dollars, along with a lock on key energy industry assets, through corrupt methods. Let us further assume, just for fun, that its top executives had used some of that money and power to buy influence on the political process. Do you think that the Washington Post, the New York Times, the Carnegie Endowment, and much of the rest of the commentariat would be trumpeting outrage at the arrest of Enron's chairman Ken Lay and CEO Jeffrey Skilling?