[lbo-talk] quote of the day

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 3 21:40:38 PST 2003

Sheikh Farhan Jumeilly, a local tribal leader, said the people of Falluja could see through the Americans and the "traitors who came in their tanks" - a reference to the exiles on the Iraqi governing council and who fill posts in the coalition provisional authority.

"After each attack they come to my house to question me or to ask for my help with the tribe. But I'll never let them in or grant them our hospitality. Because they are occupiers. They want to rob us of our dignity and our wealth. Resistance will not stop in this town until the last one of us is dead," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1076553,00.html