[lbo-talk] RE: computer associates

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Tue Nov 4 10:14:13 PST 2003

Just seconding Joanna here. I work with a few people who did time--yep, I use that phrase deliberately--at CA. Horror stories.

On a side note, I never understood how CA remained successful. They never seemed to make products; they just acquired other companies and then stopped supporting their customers, although that didn't stop them from continuing to collect maintenance.

At a previous job, I actually had to use a CA product. It was a job scheduler called AUTOSYS that, IIRC, they bought from a company called Platinum. CA would sell you as many licenses as you liked, but they did NOT support the product at all, down to not even having manuals! For that, they'd refer you to consultancies made up of former Platinum employees who worked on/were associated with the product. Insane.

Curtiss