[lbo-talk] David Brooks calls for US war crimes

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Tue Nov 4 19:10:38 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Carl Remick wrote:

> [That sure isn't what Russ Smith of NY Press thinks/hopes. Get an eyeful of
> his column this week, "Don’t Doubt Bush" -- Smith's a one-man fife and drum
> corps:]
>
> "We are doing the work of the Almighty by whatever name you choose in
> relieving the suffering of an abused people while battling evil on its own
> turf. May the families of the lost find inspiration in the bravery of their
> loved ones and solace in the rightness of the fight."

Talk about repeating history: this is a quote from 1966 about the U.S. in Vietnam, right? --I guess that's one point in our favor: the defenders of capital seem to be utterly incapable of learning from their mistakes. --Or is this some cagy Reagan-style scheme: look like an idiot so people underestimate you?

Miles