[lbo-talk] Superprofits

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Nov 5 19:33:36 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Dawson -PSU <mdawson at pdx.edu>:

> Yes, and China is also the only Second/Third World society that possesses a
> ruling class that is consciously copying what Japan started doing after the
> Meiji Restoration

It's not just China -- Vietnam, Taiwan and South Korea also qualify. Both Thailand and Malaysia have been running reasonably effective Keynesian policies. Put all the pieces together, and it looks like a scarily efficient East Asian bourgeoisie to me (though maybe extended unemployment has damaged my brain).

-- DRR