[lbo-talk] RE: San Jose cop...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 6 08:17:07 PST 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> But Reagan was supposed to be a genuinely nice guy.
> Not that it makes me hate him less.

I haven't had time really to follow the superprofits/imperialism thread (yet), but the one or two posts I sent on it related closely to the point Justin makes here. That is, I'm _much_ less interested in the economic details of the present world system than of the constraints* placed on the actions of the imperialist ruling classes & their political representatives. I doubt that GWB's death toll (even including projections down the road) comes close to equalling that of Jimmy Carter, of Kennedy, or of Eisenhower, and if it does it will be in (avoidable? unavoidable?) pursuit of policies those (nice guys?) launched.

Jenny in her post on "superprofits" this morning gets a pretty good grip on what interests me.

One can go on exchanging statistical blows forever and not get very far until they are put in the right theoretical perspective.

Everyone does agree, do they not, that facts are "theory laden"?

Carrol