[lbo-talk] The Meatrix

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Nov 6 18:57:52 PST 2003

Quoting Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net>:

> Speaking of which, I saw "Revolutions" yesterday. The ending angered my
> daughter who erupted in the theater, "That's it?! That's the ending of 'The
> Matrix' trilogy?! That sucked!!"

It was actually better than I expected. More like, "Humanity + AIs run corporate campaign against Machines, win real wage increase". Sure, it's full of gorgeous Northamerican speculative forms which never seem to develop into their post-American content (a fancy way of saying, it doesn't really pick up the ball where "Neuromancer" left it), but it's still impressive as the first overtly Leftwing information age blockbuster series ever made. Three out of four stars.

-- DRR