[lbo-talk] Polish Philosopher Wins $1M Kluge Prize

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Fri Nov 7 03:10:35 PST 2003

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:43:51 -0800 (PST) From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Polish Philosopher Wins $1M Kluge Prize To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org

To say that a system of
> humane communism was ever
> possible is quite another. I would hold, with Leszek
> Kolakowski, that
> democratic communism is like fried snowballs.

I started to post a long response to this but have spared you :) I would like to hear what others think about the above observation. Thomas

Hi everyone, nice to be back.

Thomas, I'd say he needs to be asked what he's getting at, what he means by "communism", etc. As it stands it's just a cheap shot, not worth responding to. Tahir