[lbo-talk] Oberlin College: Hell on Earth

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 10:20:51 PST 2003

At work, "traditional men" talk constantly of indulging men's clubs, off color movies, etc., and then condemn Clinton for his "moral depravity." They honestly don't get the hypocricy.

When I was growing up in the late 70s, the men of the Parish Council at my Catholic Church would gather around on weekends in the church basement and watch blue movies. Almost all of them voted Republican.

Liza Featherstone <lfeather32 at erols.com> wrote: I'm inclined to agree with Brian. Traditional Americans are far wilder than FrontPage thinks. Travelling in Arkansas recently, I went drinking with a travelling salesman, who tried to get me to accept Jesus as my personal savior. When I politely declined, he tried equally persistently to persuade me to come back to Missouri and have a threesome with him and his wife. No thanks, I said, I'm married. "That don't mean nothin!" he objected. My sense is he's not unusual, and that "traditional America" is a pretty crazy place, not so different from Oberlin College as its demogogues would like to think.

Liza