[lbo-talk] Re: Greens: National vs. State?

Anders Schneiderman schneida at seiu.org
Mon Nov 10 15:17:46 PST 2003

>As progressives have demonstrated in the last few years, it's possible
to get real wins at >>the state level (e.g., living wage and smart growth campaigns).

A quick clarification: as far as I know, all of the living wage wins and the majority of smart growth wins have been at the city/county level, not the state level. The point I was trying to make is that outside of Congress, where it's incredibly hard to get anything passed, we've had some pretty impressive accomplishments -- enough to make state assembly races a powerful opportunity for progressive candidates.