[lbo-talk] Re: kucinich-dean

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue Nov 11 13:47:10 PST 2003

"For people to write that the Dean campaign is "business as usual" is to be completely blind to the threat that the Dean organization poses to the Democratic Party Weaselocracy."

true, his campaign has upset the ultimate weasels by threatening their power with a new group of weasels...but why is it necessary to praise him by demeaning kucinich? he stands for peace, truly, and far, far more that is progressive than does dean, and the fact that he is not nearly as good and true a political whore is no reason to treat him disrespectfully...

for many, dean is a lesser evil to bush, and for many, kucinich is a lesser evil to dean...let's not get too holier than thou about this...by all means respect the soundness of dean's campaign-as-usual smarts, but have a little respect for a candidate who is, at least, honest about what he stands for and believes, and doesn't

need a poll and focus group to find out what that is...

at this point, I'd vote for anything the democrats select (but not lieberman!), and hopefully, be able to avoid listening to whatever that candidate says during the campaign so that I could do so without vomiting...

unless, by some miracle, it's kucinich, who has, at least, my vote in the primary...that's when, according to democratic legend, we vote for what we want, assuming it's available, and later suck sap, hold our noses, and pick whatever stench infested hero has been selected for us by those who know far more about actually running a democracy...barf.

fs

fs