[lbo-talk] Why not Lieberman?

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Tue Nov 11 14:12:22 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "frank scott" <frank at marin.cc.ca.us>
>at this point, I'd vote for anything the democrats select (but not
>lieberman!), and hopefully, be able to avoid listening to whatever that
>candidate says during the campaign so that I could do so without
>vomiting...

Now, I'd gag if Lieberman got the nomination, but I'd still vote for him against Bush, since the difference is still yawning. Lieberman opposed the Homeland Security bill in a major defense of federal labor unions. He voted against Bush's tax plan. He has a 100% NAACP rating and is rated highly by a lot of other liberal groups. Yes, he sucks on foreign policy, and maybe that's why people would not vote for him, but the other differences are so large I'm still trying to figure out why he gets singled out, such that it would be okay to elect Bush as long as Lieberman didn't get the Presidency?

-- Nathan Newman