[lbo-talk] RE: anybody but Bush

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 13 07:31:27 PST 2003

Joanna;
> "It is a misconception to see him either as a 'sell-out' or a
> 'realist' he was, rather, a facilitator of the neo-liberal, Third Way
agenda
> of post-Cold War Liberalism which successfully implemeted much of the
Bush
> 41 wish list agenda items especially in the area of free trade
(NAFTA/WTO)

That would imply that he had a choice between that and an alternative course of action that did not facilitate the neo-liberal agenda. I question that assumption. I think that when the capital and its sycophantic jurnos cry TINA - unfortunately they are telling us the truth. The capital is all powerful at the moment and there are no signs of any force that can effectively counterbalance that influence. I hope this will change in my life time, but for now no politician, even a powerful one, can stand in the way of the running capitalist locomotive.

Wojtek