[lbo-talk] Let Ralph Debate in 2004

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 14:59:24 PST 2003

the historical evidence has shown that one area where the Democrats are very bit as hawkish and insane as any Republican administration is Foreign Policy. I would urge you, rather than seeking drugs fixes, to go and do some homework on US policy in Africa and South America under the Democrats. Indeed, Clinton presided over a cynical US policy in Africa's Great Lakes region, contributing heavily to the tragic situation that has been unfolding in the Congo and Rwanda in the last decade. In Colombia the Clinton administration assiduously pursued the war on drugs (interchangeable and now being conflated with the war on terror).

The ease of the US invasion of Iraq was largely made possible by the strict implementation of illegal sanctions, including the almost daily bombings in the no-fly zone, by the Clinton administration which greeatly weakened the Iraqi state and tortured the Iraqi population. Let us also not forget the cruel and insane bombing of Yugoslavia by the Democrats cheered on by the human-rights hucksters. I am no more under any illusion (or drug influence) about the Replicans anymore than I am about Bush. There is nothing in Dean's record or platform that suggests he will be any better than either Clinton or Bush on Foreign Policy.

Joe W.