[lbo-talk] Beyond Globophobia

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 13 14:24:43 PST 2003

Doug's new Nation piece is available online. I think it rocks the house!

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20031201&c=1&s=henwood

The Marxmail folks who bash Doug are really dense. They think he's arguing in favor of the status quo! In fact, what he's doing is trying to drag us forward into true radicalism. One of the reasons so many good people like to talk too much about globalization is that globalization is always somebody "out there." As Doug says, we should be attacking capitalism as capitalism, and not just its international aspects, many of which suggest new opportunities to attack bad realities.

Say it now: World government -- let's build it! -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031113/96a46372/attachment.htm>