[lbo-talk] In defense of Hannity's punching bag

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 13 16:55:37 PST 2003

Liberal is a very nice word. Say it a few times. Let it roll off the tongue. Say it loud and there's music playing. Say it soft and it's almost like praying. Wait a minute ... that's "Maria" from West Side Story. Actually, it wouldn't be such a bad idea if liberals could embrace this word with the same kind of glee with which Maria embraced her beauty: "I feel liberal, oh so liberal. I feel liberal and witty and bright And I pity those conservatives who think they're right."

The foregoing is excerpted from Red, White & Liberal by Alan Colmes. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced without written permission from HarperCollins Publishers, 10 East 53rd Street, New York, NY 10022 http://www.harpercollins.com/catalog/excerpt_xml.asp?isbn=0060562978

Glanced through it the other day. Mention of Guatemalan and Iranian coups caught my eye. Blubed by Bill Clinton.