[lbo-talk] Review of Michael Lewis's Moneyball

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 14 07:53:27 PST 2003

Grant Lee wrote:

>Edward Miliband is a visiting lecturer in government at Harvard University.
>[ Ralph Miliband's son I believe.]

Yes. He lived in New York for a while about ten years ago, where he was, among other things, an intern at The Nation. Very smart and likeable fellow. His brother David sold his soul completely and became part of Tony Blair's inner circle. Eddie sold only a piece of his, working for a Blairite think tank whose name escapes me, but I heard he was fairly troubled by the compromise.

Eddie told me once that Ralph never used an obscenity in his life, citing Trotsky's commandment that the working class should adhere to only the highest standards of language and culture.

Doug