[lbo-talk] Re: Alterglobalization (was Beyond Globophobia)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 14 09:45:53 PST 2003

Chris Doss wrote:

> >Isn't the slogan "Another World Is Possible" dorky?
> >
> >Yoshie
> >

> I've always liked it. But then again, I'm kind of a dork.
>
> Why is it dorky?
>
> Liza
>
> ---
> It sounds like something on a Hallmark Card.

The slogan "Another World Is Possible" reminds me of Dennis Kucinich's proposal to create "the Department of Peace" (see <http://www.kucinich.us/issues/issue_departmentpeace.htm>). As soon as you hear the name of the proposed department, you will conclude that Kucinich and their supporters are perpetual losers.

Yoshie