[lbo-talk] Re: Beyond Globophobia

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Nov 15 09:15:12 PST 2003

I wrote several versions of this post, but finally decided only to send a response to one of Ian's statements. Perhaps this can push the discussion along a bit.

Eubulides wrote:

[Quoting Yoshie: Taking power at the level of a state and "taking it over" (it being wealth created by socialized production) at the global level aren't like two different tools, one older than the other.]

> Right now, and for a while, we need to *create* our own powers, skills
> etc. of self governance at a non-state level of organizing --workers have
> no country and all that.

Of course, and we can only do that by action on the terrain of some particular state. In fact, that education and that creation can only occur within the context of struggle against state power. And it seems to me at least that any argument that does not start off here is apt to be not so much wrong as incoherent.

Carrol