[lbo-talk] Re: The March of Folly, Redux (was: Let Ralph ...)

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sat Nov 15 12:29:41 PST 2003

N P Childs wrote:
> The scary part about all this old news is that after 4-5 years of
> debate in the public domain, planning in private presumably
> since 1991 (at least), and a generally compliant to enthusiastic
> media and public (ie. not prone to asking questions), the
> current bloody fiasco is the best this bunch of clowns could
> pull off.
>
> Having passed the level of human tragedy some time ago,
> this level of incompetence is verging on the cosmic. Seeing
> as 'The March of Folly' is already taken as title, any guesses
> on the eventual title of the history of GWII?

I'm seeing a VH1 special: Behind the Empire. Potted bios, years of toil for their dreams, the sudden promise of great power, and the debauched collapse. Complete with earnest voice over and unconscious irony.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!