[lbo-talk] Is There Anything To This Peak Oil Business?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 10:47:04 PST 2003

Recently, an excitable lefty friend, a woman who believes that capitalism, at least as presently configured, is a decade or so away from the grave, introduced me to the idea of 'peak oil'.

I've read the articles and followed the web sites (use link below for Google results) but still don't feel confident to say whether this is darkly wishful doomsday hype or a real analysis hidden behind some unfortunately overcooked imagery.

Of course, common sense tells us that oil is not forever. Still, is the peak oil-ist description of the problem on-target?

Anyone have informed thoughts?

DRM

link -

http://tinyurl.com/v8an