[lbo-talk] What's at stake?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 16 10:54:44 PST 2003

Eubulides wrote:

> [...]

Who assumes that. The revolutionary tradition holds that parliamentary democracy is something to be fought for -- and defended. As I've indicated over and over again for years, implicitly and explicitly, the fight for reforms is at the heart of Lenin's thought on revolution. (Note I say "thought" -- not "theory." The CPC was wise in making that distinction, and I'm extending it to Lenin.)

> The Revolutionaries' hostility to voting Bush out
> > in '04 makes tremendous sense. To vote is to believe that even minor
> > positive change can occur this side of the Revolution, and by bouji
> > means.

Bullshit. The reason for refusing to campaign for the DP, as Yoshie has indicated so many times that Kelley is now accusing her of repetitiousness, is that we need a mass movement (for real reforms), and that it is a waste of radical energy to campaign for the DP. (I don't give a hang one way or the other how anyone spends 30 seconds next November in the voting booth.)

> > What's at stake is the revolutionary identity.

Gee. Can't you dream up some at least minimally fresh insults.

> > -- Shane

> Nay, the infallibility of God[s]

Agreed. The Anyone-But-Bush Politburo is trying to impose stalinist-type discipline on rest of us. Go DP or be forever exiled seems to be the cry. How dull.

Carrol