[lbo-talk] What's at stake?

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Nov 16 12:11:53 PST 2003

Carrol Cox wrote:
> Who assumes that. The revolutionary tradition holds that
> parliamentary democracy is something to be fought for --
> and defended. As I've indicated over and over again for
> years, implicitly and explicitly, the fight for reforms is at the
> heart of Lenin's thought on revolution. (Note I say "thought"
> -- not "theory." The CPC was wise in making that distinction,
> and I'm extending it to Lenin.)f

Didn't walk the talk, what with the one-party state and all. Bad faith, man.

> Bullshit. The reason for refusing to campaign for the DP,
> as Yoshie has indicated so many times that Kelley is now
> accusing her of repetitiousness, is that we need a mass
> movement (for real reforms), and that it is a waste of radical
> energy to campaign for the DP. (I don't give a hang one way
> or the other how anyone spends 30 seconds next
> November in the voting booth.)

Nope, it's identity politics. That's all, for lack of a mutually agreed upon term, Leninism is today. It has nothing to offer but empty rituals.

Besides, the momentum's already waned, despite UFPJ shouting exactly the slogan Yoshie wanted, right beside ANSWER.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!