[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 16 19:39:17 PST 2003

Isn't there a tradition on this list that we don't call each other cops?

Chuck I think is just letting his rhetoric run away from him. And those lines from JC Dwayne quoted are really quite beautiful. Has anyone ever noted how many lines there in Shakespeare which (a) merely state some fact and (b) all the words but one are monosyllables -- and just how often those lines really grab you by the throat?

A curse shall light upon the limbs of men . . .

How does he do it?

Carrol