[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Nov 16 23:07:54 PST 2003

Both you and Chuck argue like provocateurs, that's why. Michael Dawson

--------

I pretty much expected this. That's why I said no `hidden agenda'. My sentiment is very much like that of the Shakespeare quote Dwayne Monroe used, ``All pity choked with custom of fell deeds..''

And as for Germany, they sure as hell haven't tried Nazism lately have they? They took the cure. So suck it up, dude. Now it's our turn.

This whole concept of America, the happy go lucky dynamic capitalist engine of the free world, run by liberal democratic values, and people friendly public institutions is cruel farce, a big lie. It is a farce that George Bush and his rightwing ideologue buddies are doing their very best to unmask. My vote is with them, as I said, all the way down.

Besides, success becomes the Right. Look at the career of Newt Gingrich.

Look at the election fraud 2000 illustrating that we really do have fair elections and an impartial Supreme Court; the Enron fiasco illustrating that privatizing a public resource is a great idea; the routine appointments of industry sleaze to all manner of regulatory agencies, illustrating that only business knows how to regulate business; the patriot act illustrating that we can have democracy for regular white guys and a police state for everybody else; the war on Afghanistan illustrating we are for women's liberation; the war on Iraq illustrating we can build democracy out of an unprovoked attack and military occupation... The list is endless. I've already forgotten more than I can list off the top of my head. Oh, yeah, and how about supporting our troops by axing their VA benefits: SemperFi food stamps and Medicare tough guy.

The reason we haven't heard as much as a mouse fart out of the forever valiant Democrats (until it looked safe) is because in they believe in this kind of shit. They just sound nicer and are not as snippy about it---except toward their critics on the left.

When Dean starts coming up with a realistic plan to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan in weeks, not months, turns the rule of international relations back over to the UN and related forums, pledges to rescind the Patriot Act, the tax cuts for the rich, and clean out the Justice Department of all its spook infested bullshit, basement secret courts and all, kills the department of Homeland Security, sends the illegally detained so-called enemy combatants in Guantanamo back to wherever we kidnaped them, kills massive aid to Israel period, cleans up the regulatory agencies of the executive branch, re-establishes government control over corporate rip-offs, and virtually abolishes HMO's and privatized healthcare (his heathcare plan sucks), and last but not least, he promises to pay on the 9/11 claims in full measure of loss instead of handing out nickels to the janitors, hundred dollar bills to the management, not to mention billions to the airlines---then I'll listen to him. Until that day which rest assured is never, my answer to Howard Dean is kiss my ass, jack off.

You think I am holding out for some coy leftwing agenda. Nope. Some form of political indirection. Nope. Or being provocative. Nope. You think I am advocating a criminal act?

Wait a minute. What was my crime? Oh, yeah, I advocated voting for the current President of the United States. Shit, arrest that treasonous son of bitch Chuck before he advocates anything worse.

Chuck Grimes