[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Nov 17 09:47:58 PST 2003

``...And it isn't going to be mainly the 'great white blob of the middle class' that is going to feel (feeling) the hurt from Bush's policy, it is immigrants, what is left of the working class, ethnic minorities, single mothers,..'' Brian Atinsky

----

Oh, yes. I know. The only thing that separates me from these folks is a worthless art degree, sixty year old white skin, and a blue collar job with sixteen hundred a month take home (no heathcare)---pretty thin gruel. I am already taking the Democrat's neoliberal meritocracy cure of the lesser evil with the rest the scum left out of the new economy, and I owe the local ER hospital eighteen hundred dollars---which is partly why I even considered advocating for Bush. Misery loves company. Come on down.

In the last election, I advocated voting for Gore, because I couldn't see how the left or even liberal causes could be fought against Bush. Sure enough. The SOB blew off the right to vote, even before the SC made it official: they don't care, because they don't have to.

Besides, the political depravity and darkness of the Right hasn't quite taken on its full regalia. They are only now beginning to feel threatened. With the election year just starting up, there are bound to be plenty of `interesting times' ahead for all. Remember how well Nixon's second term went?

Anger, despair, nihilism. Sure. As for the Weathermen. No. I am not interested in amateur terrorism. I am going for the real thing. Voting for Bush, is voting for terrorism. That's the point.

On the other hand if Abe Lincoln was still around and wanted to re-fight the civil war, I'd sign up in a heart beat. Just send me to Texas, Abe.

Chuck Grimes