[lbo-talk] Zimbabwe workers organizing......

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 17 19:41:45 PST 2003

Under the current government in Zimbabwe there is 70% unemployment. It is time to stop sitting. Its time to get UP and stand UP.

Support the ZCTU protest on Tuesday 18th November.

Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions Protest on Tuesday 18th November - let us back them all the way! Zvakwana is pleased to see that our brothers and sisters in our trade union movement are finally being supported, not only by the South African giant (COSATU) but also labour organisations throughout Africa. Yes, this is a great advancement and a clear sign of growing regional solidarity in recognising that the situation in Zimbabwe is now at a stage of complete disintegration. The ZCTU have worked hard to lobby for this regional support and we congratulate them for this. Now at home it is our responsibility to join together and help them in their activities. Out there in the rest of the world people are asking whether Zimbabweans actually want "change". They are asking this because we receive insult after insult, being low wages, poor health facilities, lack of educational facilities, unemployment and the like. Yet even while all of this hardship is heaped upon us peace loving and hard working people, we just smile and say it will get better. But . . .

It won't get better WITHOUT YOU - Power concedes nothing without a demand We're in this together whether we like it or not. Governments do not listen to the people unless they are pressured to do so. It is important to continue with the pressure and we say "Hats off to you ZCTU".

full: http://www.zvakwana.org/

===== ***************************************************************** "the Council Republic is not the culmination of everything, and even less does it stand for the most perfect form in which humans can live together. However the Council Republic is a prerequisite for the reconstruction of culture, because it makes possible the liquidation of the state. It must be the task of the revolutionary of today to work for the Council system and the Council Republic".

(Der Ziegelbrenner)

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal