[lbo-talk] Campaigning vs. Voting

nathanne at nathannewman.org nathanne at nathannewman.org
Tue Nov 18 06:22:18 PST 2003

> From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
> My own view is that one needs to discredit the electoral process by rather
> spreading ideas on how to create a system of dual power, so that
> eventually very few people go to the polls but many participate in other
> forms of political organisation.

That are what? Dominated by elite intellectuals, without all the grubiness of one person, one vote?

What do you have against voting?

Sure, in practice it's perverted in a lot of ways, but that's an argument for improving the process.

I hear this anti-voting rhetoric and I have an instinctive historical "f--- you" feeling, given that people have died to gain that right to vote.

-- Nathan Newman