[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 21:49:02 PST 2003

-

> Does anyone really believe this? It would be the
> worst move BushCo could
> make, esp after all the "democracy & freedom" talk
> regarding Iraq. So,
> they're gonna stage elections in Iraq but cancel
> them here? Are you serious?
> Do you think that the mass of America would stand
> for such a thing, or more
> specifically, all those millions who voted for Gore
> and Congressional Dems?
> And what of the inevitable protests -- will they be
> violently suppressed?
> Will dissenters be carted off to camps? Will the
> soldiers who would have to
> carry out such actions do so? Esp after patrolling
> Iraq? Will the media (Fox
> excepted) go along?
>
> This is crazy. Kel's prediction about a loonier left
> seems in the offing.
>
> DP

It may just show how off-the-rails many leftists are going since they have virtually no impact on policy, even when the polls and the streets are behind them. You march and march and yell and yell and it's like screaming into a void. Absolutely no effect on the outcome.

I'm going nuts just thinking about it myself.