[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 09:28:15 PST 2003

> I just don't see this lot packing for Texas gracefully, do you? And yet
on
> the other side, the intelligent, sophisticated, and rational Chuck Grimes
> advocates voting for them. I think that's a sign of hopelessness about
the will or
> capacity of people in the U.S. to do anything.
>
> A least I don't predict they'll win, just that they'll try almost anything
> avoid losing.
>
> Jenny Brown

Well, on this we can agree. Far from canceling the election, BushCo needs it and will make it one of the nastiest, foulest campaigns ever. The fact that the Repubs have shamelessly moved their NYC convention back to coincide with the third anniversary of 9/11 should be as big a tip-off there is. And will Dean & the Dems blast BushCo for this cynical move? Will they say that BushCo is trying to turn nearly 3,000 dead into posthumous Repubs? That the GOP may as well copyright the numbers "9/11"? I have my doubts, but if done right it can be done.

Anybody see Gore Vidal on Charlie Rose last night? He sounded very Grimesian in his outlook for the US.

DP