[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Nov 19 08:37:15 PST 2003

>See, that's how bad things have gotten - an intelligent,
>sophisticated, and rational person like Jenny can suggest suspension
>of an election and it doesn't sound at all far-fetched. An old friend
>of Liza's, and now of mine, also intelligent, sophisticated, and
>rational, thinks there won't be an election in 2008. Scary, no?
>
>Doug

What you meant is 'otherwise rational' : )

I just don't see this lot packing for Texas gracefully, do you? And yet on the other side, the intelligent, sophisticated, and rational Chuck Grimes advocates voting for them. I think that's a sign of hopelessness about the will or capacity of people in the U.S. to do anything.

A least I don't predict they'll win, just that they'll try almost anything to avoid losing.

Jenny Brown