[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Wed Nov 19 14:21:17 PST 2003

At 11:35 AM -0500 19/11/03, JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

>Look, I agree with you about the last 10 or 15 years. But it's rather far
>from people's experience (perhaps exaggerated a bit by the economic situation)
>to say that Bush is not an uglier expression of the U.S. beast unrivaled. As
>for the sanctions killing more people, hell, give Bush time. You think the
>maternal and infant death rate in Iraq is better now that it was
>before the war?
>Not to mention the guy's initiated a worldwide nuclear arms race.

Ugly isn't it. Would you prefer a pretty mass killer that everyone couldn't help liking? Or one that is monstrously ugly and without any redeeming features?

> >Conditions in
>>the u.s. now are not even close to the kind of conditions that either
>>allow or (from a ruling class perspective) would justify the kind of
>>transfer of power Jenny envisages.
>
>I hope you're right, and I wasn't trying to start a rumor. I just don't see
>this group going without a fight. My point was they'll do pretty much
>anything to keep from getting dislodged. If we don't put up a fight
>(as Chuck Grimes
>and Bill Bartlett suggested we shouldn't) they will look legitimate and their
>nickel-dime approach to stealing votes--as tested out in Florida--will be
>sufficient. If we do, they'll come up with some other tactics. Which tactics
>are beyond this lot? You tell me. Not much, in my estimation.

Bush is like a new baby, except an incredibly grotesque and deformed one. For the moment, his "mother" still believes him to be beautiful of course, mothers can't help it. Everyone else can see he's a hideous little monster.

The time is not yet right to strangle the troll in its cot. As Chuck Grimes points out, we have to wait until the satanic creature grows a little and starts biting and clawing at its own mother (the American people). Then the mother will herself disown the unnatural abomination.

>I didn't mean to imply they'd succeed, mind you. I said we better fight like
>hell or they won't even have to break a sweat. Under what strategy is it
>good to allow these people to claim legitimacy and the 'approval of
>the American
>people'?

Yes. the American people have to learn to be responsible for the ugly product of their collective political womb. An abortion isn't good enough, this mother only ever seems to give birth to monsters, a more permanent solution is needed.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas