[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 19 11:45:15 PST 2003

the-squeeze at pulpculture.org wrote:

> i was thinking, also, that the unfortunate thing about all this is why do
> we think shock therapy is the way to get people to see the light?

Who is "we" here? It seems like most on the list reject Chuck's argument for for shock therapy. Disagreements reside elsewhere.

Of course, in comments on worker literacy and u.s. culture in general many have in the last three or four months expressed agreement, even enthusiastic agreement, with the details which add up to Chuck's analysis of the culture. They just draw back from Chuck's view of the political strategy implied in that analysis.

Carrol