[lbo-talk] AI, a.k.a. L.I.?

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Wed Nov 19 15:50:01 PST 2003

OK, just one more, I promise and nothing else:

Why would opening her panel affect you any differently than seeing a CAT scan or MRI of her brain? What if (and please, no objections about this not being possible within our lifetimes; I don't think it is either, but that's not the point) physicians were able to replace individual neurons with electro-chemical devices that performed the exact same functions, and that this became a practical and effective treatment for severe head injuries and neurological diseases. If somebody you loved were to suffer either a severe head injury or neurological disease that only an extensive and drastic application of this treatment

would save, would you prevent them from having it? Or would you let them have it and then reject them? Or...

Curtiss, giving up