[lbo-talk] Re: Alternative to Fisk's 9/11 Theory

marc rodrigues marc36 at graffiti.net
Thu Nov 20 07:06:05 PST 2003

>U.S. Anti-War Movement writer Don Paul is the author of an anti-war
>book,
>9/11: Facing Our Fascist State. Paul's 9/11 book hasn't been reviewed
>much
>by the U.S. academics that generally review books on recent historical
>events for the U.S. media. Yet Paul's 9/11 book provides anti-war
>readers
>with an alternative to the U.S.
>military-industrial-media-university

because nobody takes that kooky shit seriously because there is no reason to. this reminds me of this very weird and repulsive strain of leftism that a lot of people who are not necessarily "members" of the IAC, but who hang around them a lot, go to their meetings, and think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread cling to-- part ruppert conspiracy theorist, part borderline anti-semitic, part jump-on-anything-remotely-different-from-the-official-story-without-checking-it-out-yourself-first (like that one story in the times that said Iran gassed the kurds- i've seen people accept this as the truth 5 minutes after they read the article and have stayed with this conviction), part old statist doctrinaire "marxist" (cuba is heaven! long live cult of personality!), and just general creepiness. maybe they dont like chomsky too much because he tends to use a lot of documentation to back up his claims? i dont know what it is, but msr. bob's emails are rubbing me the wrong way a

nd reminding me of thse people...

-- _______________________________________________ Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for just US$9.95 per year!