[lbo-talk] re Fisk avoiding facts? really?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 21 18:42:48 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:26:55 -0600, Stephen Philion <philion at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Mueller made this claim despite the fact that in the immediate wake of
> the
> Sept. 11 attacks, a variety of U.S. officials and media sources
> speciously
> announced, almost instantaneously, that there was firm evidence not only
> that these 19 Muslim men were agents of Osama bin Laden? al Qaeda
> ?etwork?
> but that they were indeed the individuals who hijacked the doomed flights
> on
> Sept. 11."

One time during the summer before 9-11 I was going over the various Yahoo Full Coverage webpgs. and since I was wondering what Osama bin Laden was up to I spent an hour perusing the pgs. linked there. When the Northern Alliance leader Massoud was killed two days before 9-11 in Afghanistan, I instantly thought it was an al-Quaeda hit. Not, that I wasn't shocked when 9-11 happened but, after Massoud was killed I sensed that something big was in the offing. http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/09/10/afghanistan.masood/

Just like a local loon that passes out tens of thousands of those phony dollar bills w/ Dubya and conspiracy theory websites, http://www.communitycurrency.org/LEFT.html , "What's "LEFT" to Talk About? A Discussion On Why Many of the Leading Voices on the "Left" Have Avoided Asking Questions About the "official story" Surrounding The Events of Sept. 11, 2001." I wish that our believers in conspiracies would read more works by journalists, scholars and policy wonks in and out of government about the actual process of policy making and intelligence gathering, and analysis. I read a big chunk of Holly Sklar's book on the Reaganites and the Contras vs. the FSLN and Iran-Contra recently. She is a great example of a lefty that combines a careful read of all relevent archival sources w/ a multi-causal set of explanatory variables that reflect an understanding of intra-bureaucratic, Congressional, domestic mass opinion and international factors that all, in an "overdetermined" fashion create the environment that even the most powerful beast in the world, the USG has to operate in, and cannot totally dominate, even though it tries.

http://www.communitycurrency.org/LEFT.html Thoughts On Research Part 3 What's "LEFT" to Talk About? A Discussion On Why Many of the Leading Voices on the "Left" Have Avoided Asking Questions About the "official story" Surrounding The Events of Sept. 11, 2001. by MalcontentX Main Page Introduction

David Corn

Norman Solomon

"Vreelander"

Overview of "left/right"