[lbo-talk] "Left" Believers In Warren Report

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Nov 21 19:44:06 PST 2003

Quoting Bob Feldman <bob_jan at xensei.com>:

> Without understanding the role that secret conspiracy has played in U.S.
> political life, historically and currently, certain U.S. "left" pundits will
> continue to possess limited consciousness of how power really operates in
> capitalism and what must be really be done to overthrow capitalism.

Utter nonsense. Capitalism doesn't rule by conspiracies; it doesn't need to. The commodity form is its own ideology.

The US Left is in sad-ass shape because we haven't forged an effective class politics (meaning: unions with teeth, a welfare state, etc.). Getting there requires rebuilding the union movement, creating Left parties, and fostering a radical, anti-capitalist culture. Endless re-readings of the Zapruder tapes don't help.

-- DRR